Yesterday I put up a logo on this page that I designed last year for my business cards. Unfortunately, in my haste to try something new, I posted the WRONG image (an earlier attempt at my logo that I didn't like as much). Seen here:
Notice the tail is a bit stubby and the image is choppy. The writing is uneven and slightly unclear. Though I did get the appostrophe tongue, which I liked, the image is less than stellar.
The image I should have had up was this one, which is a bit wider than tall, and better defined. I figured out how to type the words rather than free hand them, so they look much clearer and are level. Given my lack of skill in using my imaging program it's also less dark than I'd have liked, but I couldn't figure out how to make it black. And when it printed I got little bluish dots around the letters, as the background wasn't perfectly white and the image not as crisp as it should have been.
It's unfortunate that I had the wrong image up because my boyfriend, who is much better at computer graphics than I am, therefore took the worse of my two images to touch up into the beauty that's displayed on this blog. Here's one verson of his finished image in gradiated black, and a second in red. He added a shadow effect that I think looks pretty cool and made the background transparent so it wouldn't interfere with the background colour of the blog.
If I'd realized my error earlier I could have made this process easier on him by giving him a better image to start with. Instead, without complaint, he spent a fair bit of time reworking the image I didn't particularly like - and making it into an awesome logo.
I have the best boyfriend in the world. :D