Thursday, October 21, 2010

Can't Blog... Canning

Sorry for the paucity of posts recently. I've been busy with life things. Like canning. This week I did 4 bottles of pizza sauce, 3 bottles of chopped tomatoes and 5 of hot mixed vegetables. I've only done a bit of home canning as an adult (my mother did a LOT when I was young), so I decided to start with smaller batches to avoid major problems (like fermenting my german pickles last year). Hopefully all will turn out well with these attempts.

Next week I've got to dig over my garden and prep it for the winter. And sometime soon I really ought to vacuum...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Jess, do you have a kerbus (pickled pumpkin) recipe? i've been looking thru yr site, but so far haven't found one. i thot i saw one tho.- karin

Jessica Strider said...

No, I don't. Don't even have one in my recipes from home. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

figured out how to do it anyway. it doesn't taste exactly like i'm used to, but that's probably because i didn't want to add even more sugar. i'll learn to like unsweetened stuff if it kills me!

patty said...

"paucity." you are awesome!